WHY CHOOSE FIRST TEE?
First Tee: Enriching Lives One Round at a Time
WHAT OUR TEENS & ALUMNI SAYFurther research² shows First Tee’s youth development program has a lasting impact, creating better citizens and lifelong golfers in the process.
- 91% of alumni engaged in community service while in First Tee.
- 72% continued after their time in the program ended.
- These numbers are significant compared to the 22% of the US citizens between ages 16 and 24 participating in community service³.
- 96% of teens in our program say their golf skills have improved
- 90% of our alumni consider themselves lifelong golfers.
- 80% of teens and alumni say First Tee helped them become a better student.
PREPARED FOR LIFEOur program aims to get young people ready for life’s challenges. The longer teens and alumni stayed in the program, the more they reported improvement in their:
- interpersonal skills
- managing emotions
FROM COACHES TO MENTORSParticipants don’t go through the program alone. The power of mentorship is extremely important to us, and both teens and alumni said their relationship with their coaches grew stronger and more meaningful over time.
¹ An independent, four-year, longitudinal research study led by University of Minnesota’s Maureen R. Weiss, Ph.D. Flip through the online version or download it as a PDF. ² “A Lasting Impact: The First Tee’s Role in Fostering Positive Youth Development,” 2015, Springfield College Center for Youth Development and Research ³ 2014 survey, U.S. Dept. of Labor: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/volun.nr0.htm